It is surprising how technology has evolved in the last few years. Before cloud computing was introduced to the market, the businesses used to download the programs on their PC or server to run them. It was hard back then for companies who wanted to make their data centers, and most of the businesses needed many resources and allocated IT professionals to do so. The developments of technology have come up with many alternative solutions which helped the companies to run efficiently. Cloud Computing now has become one of the sought-after trends for businesses to manage their data centers.
Want your App to be Flawless
Check out our Mobile App Testing ServicesKnow More
WHAT IS CLOUD COMPUTING?
Cloud computing refers to a kind of IT infrastructure which can operate software, middleware and applications which are hosted within a data center. The end-user can access the data via the internet. In simple terms cloud hosting is the on-demand computing service which allows you to access it on a pay-as-you-go basis.
WHY IS IT CALLED CLOUD COMPUTING?
The location of the infrastructure, the hardware and many other details of the infrastructure are not in the hand of the user. From the old telecom schematics, the concept of the cloud was borrowed that’s too in a metaphoric way. Previously the public telephone network used to be denoted as cloud, and later the term started being used for the internet.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The businesses who have shifted from manually handle dedicated storage to cloud services knowing the benefits of the infrastructure. Rather than owning your own data center, the businessescan rent the storage space from the cloud service provider.
One of all other benefits of using cloud computing is that it can save you the upfront cost of managing and maintaining your own IT infrastructure. While you use cloud computing instead of dedicated storage, you pay only for what you use and that’s too when you use it.
Thus, cloud computing can get you similar kind of services that you might be expecting from a dedicated storage service in a cost-effective way.
Is Your Application Secure?We're here to help . Talk to our experts Now
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CLOUD COMPUTING?
We know that you have come a long way to know about cloud computing and there are many things to know about the same. If you want to know about the types of services that are covered under cloud computing the list will be vast. From the primary storage to artificial intelligence, there is nothing that can’t be delivered through cloud computing. But to make harder things more comfortable, we can state you a few examples to help you to know cloud computing better.
The one and most accessible example of the use of cloud computing is your Gmail and the cloud backup of your smartphone which you use to store your photos. If you savor watching movies and series on Netflix,then you also need to know one thing that Netflix is wholly relied upon cloud computing to stream the videos. There are many organizations and applications in your day to day life who are using cloud computing to run their businesses.
Cloud computing has become one of the handy solutions for most of the apps we use.
WHY DOES CLOUD COMPUTING MATTER?
More than half of the IT companies are building infrastructures to support the cloud services, along with the increasing popularity. Most of the companies are trying to slide their work loads on the clouds from traditional storage solutions. As per the experts’ prediction, one-third of the businesses will be switching to cloud computing by the end of this year and which will grow to half by the end of 2021.
But why is cloud computing necessary which is driving the businesses to use it? There are multiple benefits of cloud hosting. Though the benefits may vary according to the type of cloud services you are using but cloud computing is far better than using and maintaining your own computing infrastructure.
Many companies who did not experience cloud computing so far, may think that this is nothing but a backup for running the systems. But cloud computing is more functional for a business than you can actually believe it to be.
Here are some benefits which can justify the fact that cloud computing is essential for your business.
- Flexible: Many businesses who are using cloud computing since long thinks that it has helped them to work with flexibility. Cloud computing helps you to access all the data and information that you have stored at any time and from anywhere.
- Cost-effective: perhaps this is one of the most notable benefits that we can tell you about using cloud computing. Needless to say, that when you choose to use cloud computing over traditional storage solution, it helps you to cut the IT costs to some extent. You don’t need to invest in the setup and also you can save the maintenance cost by using a cloud computing and not a hard disk.
- Disaster Recovery: Be it a small business or a bigger one, you have so many things to store and manage. Cloud is currently helping the businesses in disaster recovery as it is easy to back up your data and information on the cloud, and so is the recovery. It saves you cost and time at the same time.
- Efficiency in collaboration: You need to maintain profitability in collaboration in your workplace. Cloud computing helps users to communicate and share things more quickly than other storage solutions. Multiple users can share data and information at the same time using cloud computing. Cloud computing is the best solution for those business owners who need to spa end a lot of time across various areas to find job-related information and records.
- Competitiveness: The industrial competition has made businesses to pick up effective solutions to become quicker while responding. The cloud computing solution has helped the business owners to become more agile while running their businesses.
OpenTeq thinks that still, the IT industry is lacking investment in the cloud hosting infrastructure. Cloud computing can bring new opportunities to the businesses while boosting efficiency, competitiveness and growth.